Thursday, September 8, 2011

Playing Catch Up


It's more of a theme than a title.

I went to Las Vegas. My bank account is trying to catch up.

I got married. My brain is trying to catch up.

The White Sox are nine frickin' games back. They'll never catch up.

The Tigers made a statement against the White Sox last weekend and it went "This is our damn division, now get out of Comerica and don't make up pimp-crack you again". The Sox needed to take 2 of 3 at the very least and they got swept. It's September 8th and the magic number is 13. This season is OVA! O, wait, I wrote that blog FIVE WEEKS AGO! Bold, I know.

Fanboy Cubs owner Tom Rickett's signed VP of Player Personnel Oneri Fleita to a four year extension weeks after he said the future General Manager will be able to choose his own guy for that position. The truth is trying to catch up with the Fanboy's lies and supreme foolishness.

And when did Mike Quade turn into what you get when Yoda fornicates with his sister and you scrap the bottom of the genetics barrel looking to throw some chromosomes together to make a deformed and asinine human? But I digress.

Since Lovie Smith took over as the Bears head coach, they're 13-36 when they trail a the half. The Falcons are 26-6 when they lead at the half under head coach Mike Smith. I hope Da Bears aren't trying to play catch up in the second half.

Next week's post will be much more intense and filled with X's and O's from Da Bears game, I swear.

I'm proud to announce that this very blog is a finalist in the Chicago's Most Valuable Blog Contest. Thanks for all of your support and I should have the contest results by next week. Friday is the last day to vote. http://chicago.blogger.cbslocal.com/most-valuable-blogger/blog/938-chicago-sports-fix/

My ego's trying to catch up.

The Chicago Sports Fix radio show is moving to MONDAYS. Same time from 6 to 8pm on the same station at http://www.chicagolandsportsradio.com/ with the same damn hosts Josh Catlow and me, Rob Zielinski.

Share your thoughts with us by calling 312-564-7375 during show hours or email chicagosportsfix@gmail.com

If you miss hearing my voice, you can listen to me do color commentary for the Brother Rice High School game on highschoolcube.com Friday evening at 7:30.

PREACH

No comments:

Post a Comment