Monday, January 18, 2010

St. Louis: Home of the Mouth-Breathers

If you cheat and lie in St Louis, you will be cheered and revered by the mouth-breathers of the city that call themselves fans. In his first public appearance since his admission of steroid use, Mark McGwire received a gut-wrenching Standing-O. A Standing-O? Really St. Louis, really?!? Cards fans are on a planet of their own. I wonder if they’ve ever heard of the word integrity where they’re from. First Big Mac, along with the now bluish-green Sammy Sosa, played with our hearts in that magical ’98 season, which of course we all now know was a complete sham. Some fans may have suspected the cheating back then, but they were still bitter since the ’94 strike season that they were using this great spectacle as a reason to restore they’re faith in baseball. As a 14 year old myself, I thought the shattering of the single season home run record was the result of good, clean, hard work by a talented ballplayer in his prime. Now I know not to trust anybody.This includes you too, Mr. Pujols. I won’t be fooled again. I just wish I didn’t have to question other people’s honesty. I hope you’re not and never have been a user Albert, but nobody gets a pass. I do suspect people LESS, like Big Frank and Junior, but NOBODY GETS A PASS!

No comments:

Post a Comment